Monday, July 27, 2009

Welcome and Introduction

First of all let me start out by saying that I am a virgin blogger. This is my first time. I have read and followed a few blogs before, but I always thought that I really didn't have anything worthwhile to share with the world. So why start now? To understand that maybe I should give you an introduction to the world of me.

I am 27 years old. I live in Nashville and work as an accountant. I have been married now for 9 days. My wife and I started dating shortly after I moved to Nashville from Mississippi in the summer of 2007. We honeymooned in Florida. On the third day of the honeymoon, we both confirmed our suspicions. Three self-proclaimed 'error-proof tests' broke the biggest surprise and shock of our lives. We are pregnant!

Our initial reaction? Shock. Surprise. Fear. We had just gotten married. We were newlyweds. We were supposed to spend a couple of years living it up, traveling, and being spontaneous. We were supposed to save up for a down payment and buy our dream house before starting a family. That was the plan. The plan was marriage, house, and then kids. We were both in agreement on this. But now our train has jumped the track.

After that initial shock wore off, I realized just how elated I was. I have always wanted kids. I love the thought of being a dad. I may have preferred to wait a little while before starting a family, but if this is the way it's going to be for us then I'm willing to run with it. So I am going to be a daddy. I like the way that sounds. I like the way that feels. Watching my wife walk down the aisle only a week ago, I could not imagine loving her anymore than I did that day, but since finding out that we are going to have a baby together, I feel love for her that I was not even aware existed on our wedding day.

So back to this blog, the reason I decided to start it is simple. I want to blog about my experiences - good and bad- of being an expectant father. I plan on discussing things I'm thinking and feeling, worries and concerns that I have, and all the things I learn along the way. I hope you enjoy and can share similar experiences with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment